250 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in East Rockaway, NY
- East Rockaway Apartments with Balconies (1)
- East Rockaway Apartments with Garages (1)
- East Rockaway Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- East Rockaway Apartments with Parking (6)
- East Rockaway Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- East Rockaway Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- East Rockaway Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Lynbrook 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Oceanside 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Rockville Centre 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Island Park 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Valley Stream 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Long Beach 1 Bedroom Apartments (11)
- West Hempstead 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Franklin Square 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Lawrence 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Cedarhurst 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
Once a Long Island shipping center, East Rockaway is an attractive village that covers only one square mile. It was once the home of MLB player Reid Gorecki, as well as Hollywood actors Don Murray and Brian Keith.
Originally begun as a shipping and trading center for Long Island's south shore, East Rockaway developed into a center for local milling, thanks to the construction of a grist mill in 1688. Since then, perhaps the oddest story in East Rockaway's history concerns the bell from the local bell tower which was stolen by a high school student during the 1960s. For some reason, the bell still hasn't been replaced. That's not to say that things don't happen here. The historic East Rockaway docks, for example, were renovated in 2005, and historic 19th century structures such as the Village Hall and the Grist Mill Museum are not only renovated; they're also open to the public. With a population of 9,818, the town has a thriving business community, tons of civic pride and plenty of beautiful parks and recreational centers for the locals to rejoice in. It's one of those towns that celebrates Arbor Day (complete with plenty of local press) and holds annual Easter egg hunts where everyone actually shows up. As for that missing bell, maybe East Rockaway feels that it's more important to maintain its funky, semi-modern/late-Victorian village ambiance than to worry about replacing an oversized bronze bell that probably kept everyone awake all night anyway. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in East Rockaway offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in East Rockaway, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.