184 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Mineola, NY
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Mineola (1)
- Mineola Apartments with Balconies (5)
- Mineola Apartments with Garages (4)
- Mineola Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Mineola Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Mineola Apartments with Parking (12)
- Mineola Apartments with Pools (2)
- Mineola Apartments with Washer-Dryers (8)
- Mineola Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Mineola Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Mineola (1)
- Williston Park 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Garden City 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Roslyn Heights 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- East Garden City 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Hempstead 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- New Hyde Park 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Westbury 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- West Hempstead 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Roslyn 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Franklin Square 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in Mineola?
Mineola was originally known as The Branch, thanks to the post office located here. In June of 1858, the town's name was officially changed to Mineola, derived from the original settling Algonquin Indians' word Meniolagamika, which translates to "a friendly or pleasant village."
Mineola is located in the Town of Hempstead in Nassau County, New York. This Long Island "friendly village" (as it's lovingly referred to by its proud inhabitants) is a town with rich United States original settlement heritage. As locals will quickly point out to you, it is not to be confused with the town in Texas with the same name. Believe it or not, the Texas town was in fact named by a homesick, Wild West, frontier-busting railroad pioneer who longed for his native Mineola, New York, home. The main thoroughfares that serve the area today, Jericho Turnpike and Old Country Road, take on deep historical significance dating back to the original settlers. Today, Mineola maintains a significant status in that it serves as the venue for the County Seat administration center, where all legal and official county business is conducted on a daily basis. The town also serves as the home to Winthrop University Hospital and Trauma Center, the county's largest and oldest established hospital (originally founded and known as Nassau Hospital), which is a nationally acclaimed award-winning medical facility. According to the US Census Bureau's 2010 statistics, there were 18,799 people, 7,473 households and 4,954 families residing in the village. Does that sound like a lot for a village? Well, it kind of is, but these inhabitants all make the time to come together every once in a while to celebrate their shared heritage. The Mineola Fair, which is held in May on Armed Forces Day, is Mineola's largest annual event. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Mineola offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Mineola, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.