1,177 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Matthews, NC
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Matthews Accessible Apartments (8)
- Matthews Apartments with Balconies (15)
- Matthews Apartments with Garages (8)
- Matthews Apartments with Gyms (8)
- Matthews Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Matthews Apartments with Parking (16)
- Matthews Apartments with Pools (9)
- Matthews Apartments with Washer-Dryers (12)
- Matthews Furnished Apartments (1)
- Matthews Pet Friendly Apartments (14)
- Stallings Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Mint Hill Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Indian Trail Dog Friendly Apartments (34)
- Lake Park Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Charlotte Dog Friendly Apartments (769)
- Pineville Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Waxhaw Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Monroe Dog Friendly Apartments (19)
- Unionville Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Harrisburg Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
"So I'm gone, yes I'm gone /gone to Carolina, where I know that I belong /Yes I'm gone, yes I'm gone / gone to Carolina, where I know I have a home." (-- Shooter Jennings, "Gone to Carolina").
You, too, should go to Matthews, North Carolina, where you belong. Settled by farmers in the early 1800s, Matthews quickly grew and today is home to over 27,000 people who must've listened to Shooter Jennings's advice. Recreational facilities, a hospital, shopping, and dining all make it possible to live, work, and play within the boundaries of Matthews.
A bedroom community just south of Charlotte, Matthews is a popular destination for those looking to relocate to a place with plenty of amenities. Sounds perfect, right? The beltway around Charlotte is almost completed, so getting to the north side of the metro area doesn't take nearly as long as it used to. See more
Finding an apartment in Matthews that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.