825 Apartments for rent in Northbrook, IL with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Northbrook Accessible Apartments (2)
- Northbrook Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Northbrook Apartments with Garages (7)
- Northbrook Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Northbrook Apartments with Parking (10)
- Northbrook Apartments with Pools (4)
- Northbrook Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Northbrook Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Northbrook Furnished Apartments (1)
- Northbrook Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Deerfield Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Glenview Apartments with Hardwood Floors (11)
- Highland Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Glencoe Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Wheeling Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Winnetka Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Morton Grove Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Lake Forest Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Des Plaines Apartments with Hardwood Floors (9)
- Park Ridge Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Northbrook?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Northbrook?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Northbrook?
“See, all these movies take place in a town called Shermer, in Illinois...But when we got here, you know what we found out? There is no Shermer in Illinois.” (-Jay, “Dogma”)
It’s true, there is no Shermer in Illinois, but the place that fictional city was based on, and John Hughes’ hometown, was Northbrook, which used to go by the moniker “Shermerville” before 1923. Not only can you find Ferris Bueller’s high school and the “Save Ferris” water tower within this town’s environs, you can also jump on the Metra and head into Chicago proper easily. What’s not inexpensive is the housing, but if you’re willing to branch out to some of the not-too-distant neighborhoods, you can find apartment rentals that are shockingly thrifty. Fortunately, this beautiful nearly-lakefront village is worth the cost, especially if you’re a ‘80s film buff. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Northbrook renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.