1,120 Apartments for rent in Glen Ellyn, IL with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Glen Ellyn Accessible Apartments (2)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Garages (7)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Parking (13)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Pools (3)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Glen Ellyn Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Glen Ellyn Furnished Apartments (1)
- Glen Ellyn Pet Friendly Apartments (7)
- Wheaton Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Lombard Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Glendale Heights Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Lisle Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Addison Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Carol Stream Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Bloomingdale Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Villa Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Winfield Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Glen Ellyn?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Glen Ellyn?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Glen Ellyn?
Looking for a Glen Ellyn rental? Well, then you've found the perfect place for that. We'll guide you through this 'burby little village, as well as let you in on some insider's tips for renting and living like a local Glen Ellyn-er.
Having trouble with Craigslist Glen Ellyn? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help!
A village with a population of nearly 30,000, this Chicago suburb is a place where you can rest easy while sitting just far enough away from bright lights of “The Windy City.” However, it is still close enough for an easy commute, with just 20 miles – or a 40-minute train ride – separating it from the nightlife and employment opportunities of Chicago. As far as getting around Glen Ellyn goes, this village has walkable streets, nice bike paths, and contains just seven square miles of prairie land within its city limits. It's a small town, where getting around does not require a car. Who needs one when all the historic architecture, old taverns and museums, pubs, eateries, and downtown shops are worth slowing down for, anyway?
Rental rates are in the $700 to $4000 range. Cheap apartments are hard to come by, with one and two-bedroom apartments typically costing between $700 and $1000 a month. In the $1000 - $2000 range, you can find luxury downtown condos and lofts, as well as some very nice rental homes. A modern-chic downtown penthouse condo rents for just under $4000 a month.
Glen Ellyn renters who choose the apartment life are in for a treat. Swimming pools, playgrounds, clubhouses, BBQ areas, business and fitness centers, volleyball courts, security, and concierge service, are just some of the amenities available in apartments around here.
That's all there is to it. It's a fine renter's life in for Glen Ellyn-ers. Enjoy.
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Glen Ellyn renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.