603 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Lomita, CA
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Lomita (1)
- Lomita Accessible Apartments (4)
- Lomita Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Lomita Apartments with Garages (3)
- Lomita Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Lomita Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Lomita Apartments with Parking (11)
- Lomita Apartments with Pools (5)
- Lomita Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Lomita Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Lomita Pet Friendly Apartments (6)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Lomita (1)
- West Carson 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Torrance 1 Bedroom Apartments (14)
- Rancho Palos Verdes 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Carson 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Redondo Beach 1 Bedroom Apartments (15)
- Gardena 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Lawndale 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Hermosa Beach 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
- Manhattan Beach 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Hawthorne 1 Bedroom Apartments (6)
The word lomita means "little knoll" in Spanish. The little hilltop of the California community of Lomita used to be wider, but parts of it were appropriated by neighboring Torrance and Rolling Hills, since it was originally developed in 1907.
Lomita began as a Spanish ranchero, used for cattle grazing. From there, an oil boom and bust caused land values to skyrocket and sections of the community to be ceded to oil giants at the turn of the 20th century. In the 1930s, the area was known for its truck farms, and was pegged as the Celery Capitol of the World. A small town vibe has persisted through the years, with the town incorporating in 1964, in part to prevent the construction of high rise apartments that would change the feel of the city. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Lomita offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Lomita, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.