305 Cheap Apartments for rent in Downey, CA
- Downey Accessible Apartments (2)
- Downey Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Downey Apartments with Garages (8)
- Downey Apartments with Gyms (7)
- Downey Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- Downey Apartments with Parking (16)
- Downey Apartments with Pools (9)
- Downey Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- Downey Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Downey Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Paramount Cheap Apartments (2)
- Norwalk Cheap Apartments (2)
- Santa Fe Springs Cheap Apartments (1)
- Cerritos Cheap Apartments (2)
- Whittier Cheap Apartments (1)
- Long Beach Cheap Apartments (19)
- Alhambra Cheap Apartments (4)
- Carson Cheap Apartments (1)
- Hacienda Heights Cheap Apartments (2)
- Seal Beach Cheap Apartments (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the typical rent for a studio apartment in Downey?
How expensive are one-bedroom apartments in Downey?
How much is rent for two-bedroom apartments in Downey?
"You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down." (George Bailey, It's a Wonderful Life)
Downey may be a small town but it is well-known for a few outstanding accomplishments. The city is boasted as the place where the Apollo Space Program. Think about it. This is where America's journey to the moon started. Downey is the first city to host two of the most famous fast food restaurants to boot; it is home to the oldest McDonalds and the first Taco Bell restaurant.
Within 12 miles from the famous Los Angeles Civic Center, 5 miles from Orange County, and 10 miles from the breathtaking view of the Pacific coastline, Downey is situated close to some of the best areas in Southern California. You can reach each of these places by jumping on one of the convenient freeways located throughout the city. Downey offers the best of both worlds. It is in close proximity to major cities and attractions but it has a small town atmosphere and pleasant mixture of wonderful neighborhoods. See more
Finding cheap apartments in Downey takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Downey by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Downey in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Downey.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Downey. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Downey.