270 Furnished Apartments for rent in Portsmouth, VA
- Portsmouth Accessible Apartments (1)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Balconies (22)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Garages (10)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Gyms (7)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Hardwood Floors (14)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Parking (28)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Pools (5)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Washer-Dryers (23)
- Portsmouth Dog Friendly Apartments (33)
- Portsmouth Luxury Apartments (65)
- Portsmouth Pet Friendly Apartments (34)
Portsmouth, Virginia is home to the largest naval shipyard in the world. Don't let the name confuse you, though. It's named after the neighboring city of Norfolk.
Portsmouth is a city that forms a piece of what seems like a seamless community surrounding the Chesapeake Bay. The Seven Cities of Hampton Roads include Norfolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Newport News. The first official successful settlement in the Americas, Jamestown, lies only a few miles up river. Colonial era homes still line the streets mixed with modern advancements and the skyscrapers of downtown Norfolk. The military has a strong presence in the city and makes for the majority of the local infrastructure. Unemployment is remarkably low and cost of living is more reasonable in this area than adjacent cities. See more
Furnished apartments in Portsmouth can save you a ton of time, money and stress. Finding a furnished apartment requires some research to find the right situation for you. Some furnished spaces are short-term rentals designed for corporate stays. This could be ideal if you’re looking for some flexibility while you look around for a more permanent space and save up for furniture.
You can also look for furnished apartments in Portsmouth as a subletter. Someone who is relocating or traveling for a short time or needs a new roommate may already have a furnished apartment ready to go.
Ask questions about the furniture before you move in. Who is responsible for repairs to the furniture? Will you have access to the furniture for the duration of your lease? It]s possible that someone who moved out of the apartment and left their roommate and furniture behind may want to collect it at a later date.