218 3 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Portsmouth, VA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 3 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Portsmouth (14)
- Luxury 3 Bedroom Apartments in Portsmouth (34)
- Pet Friendly 3 Bedroom Apartments in Portsmouth (14)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Balconies (24)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Garages (16)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Gyms (6)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Hardwood Floors (16)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Parking (40)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Pools (2)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Washer-Dryers (29)
- Portsmouth Dog Friendly Apartments (33)
- Portsmouth Furnished Apartments (3)
- Portsmouth Luxury Apartments (75)
- Portsmouth Pet Friendly Apartments (34)
- Norfolk 3 Bedroom Apartments (78)
- Hampton 3 Bedroom Apartments (50)
- Carrollton 3 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Chesapeake 3 Bedroom Apartments (41)
- Newport News 3 Bedroom Apartments (55)
- Suffolk 3 Bedroom Apartments (10)
- Virginia Beach 3 Bedroom Apartments (184)
- Yorktown 3 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Williamsburg 3 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Elizabeth City 3 Bedroom Apartments (10)
Portsmouth, Virginia is home to the largest naval shipyard in the world. Don't let the name confuse you, though. It's named after the neighboring city of Norfolk.
Portsmouth is a city that forms a piece of what seems like a seamless community surrounding the Chesapeake Bay. The Seven Cities of Hampton Roads include Norfolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Newport News. The first official successful settlement in the Americas, Jamestown, lies only a few miles up river. Colonial era homes still line the streets mixed with modern advancements and the skyscrapers of downtown Norfolk. The military has a strong presence in the city and makes for the majority of the local infrastructure. Unemployment is remarkably low and cost of living is more reasonable in this area than adjacent cities. See more
Looking for 3 bedroom apartments in Portsmouth provides more space for multiple roommates sharing costs, or a family looking to settle in. Look for apartments that fit your lifestyle with proximity to green space, restaurants, entertainment, or quality schools.
Take your time when considering the layout during a tour of 3 bedroom apartments. Some bedrooms may be smaller than the others. This could work out well for roommates who want to adjust their share of the cost depending on who gets the largest and smallest bedroom. If you’re renting the entire space for yourself, make sure the rooms work well for the configuration you’re looking for, including a main bedroom, guest room, and office.
Consider the outdoor space when renting 3 bedroom apartments in Portsmouth. A larger apartment may come with both a balcony off the living room and Juliet doors in the main bedroom. A small yard out back, rooftop terrace, and other outdoor amenities may also be available.