863 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Kearny, NJ
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Kearny (1)
- Kearny Accessible Apartments (1)
- Kearny Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Kearny Apartments with Garages (2)
- Kearny Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Kearny Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Kearny Apartments with Parking (7)
- Kearny Apartments with Washer-Dryers (4)
- Kearny Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Kearny Furnished Apartments (1)
- Kearny Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Kearny (1)
- Harrison 1 Bedroom Apartments (15)
- North Arlington 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Belleville 1 Bedroom Apartments (6)
- Newark 1 Bedroom Apartments (29)
- Secaucus 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Jersey City 1 Bedroom Apartments (124)
- Rutherford 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- East Rutherford 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Bayonne 1 Bedroom Apartments (27)
- Union City 1 Bedroom Apartments (15)
"New Jersey shaped who and what I am. Growing up in Jersey gave you all the advantages of New York, but you were in its shadow. Anyone who's come from here will tell you that same story." Jon Bon Jovi
Head due west from New York City into New Jersey and you’ll hit Kearney, NJ, a New Jersey town in Hudson County that’s closely associated with its industrial history. Kearney was founded during the colonial period, when a local settler discovered a copper stone and began a copper mine there. In the 1870s, many Scottish and Irish immigrants came to town for factory jobs at two Scottish-run companies (Clark Thread and Nairn Linoleum), and these two groups helped shape the future character of the city. Talk about diverse beginnings! From then, Kearney began to add factories to its stock and immigrants continued to move there to work in them. Today, many of Kearney’s factories are closed or shut down, but its community remains a strong group of blue collar workers. Some episodes of The Sopranos was filmed here in the early 2000s, but even many of the buildings they used have since been torn down for new development. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Kearny offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Kearny, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.