186 Apartments for rent in Ferndale, MI with Balconies
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Ferndale Accessible Apartments (1)
- Ferndale Apartments with Garages (17)
- Ferndale Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Ferndale Apartments with Hardwood Floors (12)
- Ferndale Apartments with Parking (25)
- Ferndale Apartments with Washer-Dryers (20)
- Ferndale Dog Friendly Apartments (18)
- Ferndale Furnished Apartments (3)
- Ferndale Pet Friendly Apartments (18)
- Hazel Park Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Oak Park Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Royal Oak Apartments with Balconies (45)
- Madison Heights Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Berkley Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Clawson Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Detroit Apartments with Balconies (128)
- Hamtramck Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Center Line Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Warren Apartments with Balconies (32)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a balcony in Ferndale?
How many apartments with balconies are available for rent in Ferndale?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Ferndale?
"I sing a State of all the best, / Michigan, my Michigan; / I sing a State with riches blest, / Michigan, my Michigan; / Thy mines unmask a hidden store, / But richer thy historic lore, / More great the love thy builders bore, / Oh, Michigan, my Michigan." - "Michigan, My Michigan" by William Otto Miessner
Ferndale was established in the late 19th century as a farming community. With the name fern and the farming history, you'd think that this town would be all about the nature. If you thought that, though, you'd be wrong, since this place was, at one point, all about industry! The population grew rapidly after Henry Ford developed the automobile assembly line in Detroit, and Ferndale was incorporated as a village in 1918. The City of Ferndale was established in 1927, and many of Detroit's auto workers took the trolley to further-slung suburbs of Detroit like Ferndale. By this point, there were so many people and so many businesses, that there basically wasn't a fern or a farm in sight. City amenities were added throughout the years, including a downtown area... and city parks, too, so that there was ultimately some nature to roam around in. Ferndale today has a population of 19,900 as of the 2010 census. See more
Balconies are a coveted amenity for many renters looking for high-rise views and opportunities for fresh air. However, you should keep in mind that balconies often come with restrictions.
Before signing a lease, ask about how many people can be on the balcony at once. Also, ask about whether you’re allowed to store a bike or other items.
You’ll also want to know about any maintenance schedules. Using your balcony as storage could result in fines and intervention from your property management.
Keep in mind that not all balconies are created equally. You may discover the views of the parking area are less than optimal or reduce your overall privacy.
Balconies can also get messy with debris, foliage, dirt, and pollen depending on your location. Renters are typically responsible for any clean-up and basic balcony upkeep.
Regardless of the issues to keep in mind, balconies are usually a big win for Ferndale renters. Ask about apartments on higher floors for the best views.