809 Apartments for rent in Lockport, IL with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Lockport Accessible Apartments (1)
- Lockport Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Lockport Apartments with Garages (6)
- Lockport Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Lockport Apartments with Parking (6)
- Lockport Apartments with Pools (1)
- Lockport Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Lockport Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Lockport Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Romeoville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Crest Hill Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Bolingbrook Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Joliet Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- Woodridge Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Darien Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Orland Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Burr Ridge Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Plainfield Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Lockport?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Lockport?
If you think the city name -- Lockport, Illinois - has anything to do with a lock or a port, you would be, well, right. The Illinois and Michigan Canal was constructed to link Lake Michigan with the Illinois and Mississippi River, a critical point in the development of the state and the Chicago area.
The canal and the Illinois River are part of the fabric of Lockport that goes much deeper than just the name. Lockport helped push Chicago to fame and glory in its early years, but the 24,839 residents that live here now see it as more than just a historical canal near the Windy City. Just by walking around town these days, it's easy to see that it's in motion, and not stuck in what it was before. You can even hear Kanye West being played. While museums and landmarks showcase the town's story, establishments like the William Alexander Wine Studio and green spaces like Clover Ridge Park show that Lockport values a social atmosphere and nature. On top of that, proximity to Joliet and Chicago means that getting out and exploring the greater region is quite easy. That combination of qualities makes Lockport a fine place to live, especially if you love canals. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Lockport renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.