1,521 Pet Friendly Apartments for rent in Lockport, IL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Lockport Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Lockport Apartments with Garages (6)
- Lockport Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Lockport Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Lockport Apartments with Parking (6)
- Lockport Apartments with Pools (1)
- Lockport Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Lockport Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Lockport (1)
- Pet Friendly 2 Bedroom Apartments in Lockport (5)
- Romeoville Pet Friendly Apartments (8)
- Crest Hill Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Bolingbrook Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Joliet Pet Friendly Apartments (26)
- Woodridge Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Darien Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Orland Park Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Orland Hills Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Willowbrook Pet Friendly Apartments (29)
- Plainfield Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for a pet-friendly apartment in Lockport?
How many pet-friendly apartments are available for rent in Lockport?
Are there any additional fees associated with renting a pet-friendly apartment in Lockport?
If you think the city name -- Lockport, Illinois - has anything to do with a lock or a port, you would be, well, right. The Illinois and Michigan Canal was constructed to link Lake Michigan with the Illinois and Mississippi River, a critical point in the development of the state and the Chicago area.
The canal and the Illinois River are part of the fabric of Lockport that goes much deeper than just the name. Lockport helped push Chicago to fame and glory in its early years, but the 24,839 residents that live here now see it as more than just a historical canal near the Windy City. Just by walking around town these days, it's easy to see that it's in motion, and not stuck in what it was before. You can even hear Kanye West being played. While museums and landmarks showcase the town's story, establishments like the William Alexander Wine Studio and green spaces like Clover Ridge Park show that Lockport values a social atmosphere and nature. On top of that, proximity to Joliet and Chicago means that getting out and exploring the greater region is quite easy. That combination of qualities makes Lockport a fine place to live, especially if you love canals. See more
Renting pet-friendly apartments in Lockport should offer peace of mind and convenience for our furry friends. It’s crucial to find an apartment that’ll work for both you and your pet. Before signing a pet-friendly apartment, take your time to study the layout and ask plenty of questions.
Some pet-friendly apartments in Lockport may request a pet deposit or only accept certain dog breeds. You should also consider if the floors are hardwood or carpeted. Hardwood may be easier to clean-up fur and a mess but could mean your neighbors below hear the tapping of your dog running past. An outdoor balcony can also be ideal for a pet who needs some fresh air.
Consider the neighborhood of any pet-friendly apartments in Lockport. Are they near a dog park or a vet? You should also research the rates of dog walkers in your area. It may be less expensive to move to a nearby neighborhood with a lower pet deposit, a better layout for your pet, and cheaper services.