775 Apartments for rent in Des Moines, IA with Balconies
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Des Moines Accessible Apartments (18)
- Des Moines Apartments with Garages (51)
- Des Moines Apartments with Gyms (33)
- Des Moines Apartments with Hardwood Floors (32)
- Des Moines Apartments with Parking (97)
- Des Moines Apartments with Pools (23)
- Des Moines Apartments with Washer-Dryers (51)
- Des Moines Dog Friendly Apartments (99)
- Des Moines Pet Friendly Apartments (107)
- Windsor Heights Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Pleasant Hill Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Norwalk Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Carlisle Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Altoona Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Ankeny Apartments with Balconies (11)
- Johnston Apartments with Balconies (7)
- West Des Moines Apartments with Balconies (31)
- Urbandale Apartments with Balconies (14)
- Clive Apartments with Balconies (2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a balcony in Des Moines?
How many apartments with balconies are available for rent in Des Moines?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Des Moines?
Des Moines, Iowa
Des Moines and the surrounding 'burbs are home to 58 neighborhoods, each with its own set of assets. So where should you begin your apartment hunt? See more
Balconies are a coveted amenity for many renters looking for high-rise views and opportunities for fresh air. However, you should keep in mind that balconies often come with restrictions.
Before signing a lease, ask about how many people can be on the balcony at once. Also, ask about whether you’re allowed to store a bike or other items.
You’ll also want to know about any maintenance schedules. Using your balcony as storage could result in fines and intervention from your property management.
Keep in mind that not all balconies are created equally. You may discover the views of the parking area are less than optimal or reduce your overall privacy.
Balconies can also get messy with debris, foliage, dirt, and pollen depending on your location. Renters are typically responsible for any clean-up and basic balcony upkeep.
Regardless of the issues to keep in mind, balconies are usually a big win for Des Moines renters. Ask about apartments on higher floors for the best views.