391 Condos for rent in San Mateo, CA
- San Mateo Accessible Apartments (9)
- San Mateo Apartments with Balconies (29)
- San Mateo Apartments with Garages (28)
- San Mateo Apartments with Gyms (19)
- San Mateo Apartments with Hardwood Floors (25)
- San Mateo Apartments with Parking (38)
- San Mateo Apartments with Pools (13)
- San Mateo Apartments with Washer-Dryers (25)
- San Mateo Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- San Mateo Furnished Apartments (7)
- San Mateo Pet Friendly Apartments (23)
- Belmont Condos for Rent (2)
- Burlingame Condos for Rent (3)
- Foster City Condos for Rent (3)
- San Carlos Condos for Rent (2)
- South San Francisco Condos for Rent (2)
- Millbrae Condos for Rent (3)
- Redwood City Condos for Rent (5)
- San Bruno Condos for Rent (1)
- West Menlo Park Condos for Rent (1)
- Menlo Park Condos for Rent (1)
Having trouble with Craigslist San Mateo? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help!
Salutations, one and all, and welcome to the online nerve center for your San Mateo, California apartment hunting escapades! Conveniently located just 15 miles from San Francisco, San Mateo is a scenic alternative to the hustle and bustle of the “City by the Bay.” So what do you say? Are you ready to join the 93,000-plus proud peeps who call San Mateo home? Of course you are! But before you pack your windbreaker and your 49ers jersey and hit the streets in search of your future home, take a few moments to learn what life is really like in arguably San Fran’s most aesthetic suburb … See more
Finding condos for rent in San Mateo is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in San Mateo may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in San Mateo that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.