1,319 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Hermosa Beach, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Balconies (24)
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Garages (19)
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Parking (24)
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Pools (2)
- Hermosa Beach Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Hermosa Beach Furnished Apartments (16)
- Hermosa Beach Luxury Apartments (14)
- Hermosa Beach Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Redondo Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (23)
- Manhattan Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Lawndale Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- El Segundo Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Del Aire Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Torrance Dog Friendly Apartments (32)
- Hawthorne Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Palos Verdes Estates Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Gardena Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Rolling Hills Estates Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
Hermosa hardcore! Hermosa Beach, California, has given birth to two hardcore bands. Hardcore punk band Black Flag formed in the late 1970s in the town and played its first show at Valley Park on Pier Avenue. At the same time, the melodic hardcore band Descendents also was forming in Hermosa Beach.
A beachfront city in Los Angeles County, Hermosa Beach, California, is ideal for those looking for beach breezes that lower the temperature about 10 degrees from what is experienced in the sweltering city. What you'll get in return, unfortunately, is something the locals affectionately call the "May gray" or "June gloom," when morning fog rolls in from the bay. It usually burns off by noon, and the city counts an average of 325 days of sunshine every year. Hermosa means "beautiful," and once you see it first-hand, you'll understand why the founders chose the name. A popular spot with surfers, sunbathers, paddles boarders and those frequenting bars in between beach volleyball stints, Hermosa Beach is one of the South Bay's three beach cities. Situated between the other two -- Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach -- Hermosa Beach boasts a population of 19,506. See more
Finding an apartment in Hermosa Beach that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.