268 Condos for rent in Mamaroneck, NY
- Mamaroneck Accessible Apartments (2)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Garages (3)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Hardwood Floors (9)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Parking (13)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Pools (4)
- Mamaroneck Apartments with Washer-Dryers (9)
- Mamaroneck Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Mamaroneck Furnished Apartments (1)
- Mamaroneck Pet Friendly Apartments (6)
- New Rochelle Condos for Rent (3)
- Harrison Condos for Rent (1)
- White Plains Condos for Rent (7)
- Tuckahoe Condos for Rent (2)
- Mount Vernon Condos for Rent (2)
- Port Washington North Condos for Rent (1)
- Greenwich Condos for Rent (1)
- Yonkers Condos for Rent (4)
- Dobbs Ferry Condos for Rent (1)
- Great Neck Plaza Condos for Rent (2)
The town of Mamaroneck is not your typical town. It is actually comprised of two separate villages, Larchmont and the Village of Mamaroneck (parts of the village of Mamaroneck are located in Rye, the town neighboring Mamaroneck), as well as a large unincorporated area, which makes up the majority of the town's 14 square miles.
The land on which the town of Mamaroneck now sits was originally purchased by John Richbell, a merchant from London, in 1661 from the Siwanoy Indians, or more exactly from Chief Wappaquewam and his brother Manhatahan for tools, kettles, clothing and a supply of wampum. The name of the town in Indian translates to "the place where the sweet waters fall into the sea" It wasn't until 1788, that Mamaroneck officially became a town, thanks to New York Legislature. See more
Finding condos for rent in Mamaroneck is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in Mamaroneck may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in Mamaroneck that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.