579 Apartments for rent in Metuchen, NJ with Gyms
- Metuchen Accessible Apartments (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Garages (2)
- Metuchen Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Metuchen Apartments with Parking (5)
- Metuchen Apartments with Pools (1)
- Metuchen Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Metuchen Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Metuchen Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Fords Apartments with Gyms (1)
- South Plainfield Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Highland Park Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Woodbridge Apartments with Gyms (2)
- South River Apartments with Gyms (1)
- New Brunswick Apartments with Gyms (5)
- South Amboy Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Avenel Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Piscataway Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Rahway Apartments with Gyms (3)
The name Metuchen was derived from the name of a Native American chief known as Matouchin, who lived between 1630 and 1700. The word "Metachen" or "Matouchin" either means "rolling hills" (foothills of the Watchung range) or "firewood" (dry firewood was supposedly abundant in the region).
Metuchen is a city in Middlesex County, New Jersey, and is a part of the New York Metropolitan area. Located at the heart of central New Jersey, it is often called as the borough. The borough also has a reputation as a prestigious place to live due to its modern suburban ideal of a small-town life where people can escape the fast pace of the city grew much popularity. It often captures the spirit of "Small Town USA" complete with its own Main Street stores for the residents daily services and parks for recreational activities. Its accessibility to New York City and New Brunswick enhanced that reputation even more because of the extreme accessibility of the transportation going in and out of those popular cities. A Main Street store is within the city to provide the daily services needed by the residents. Parks and sports complex type of facilities are also located within the city in order to provide recreational activities for the residents and attract non-residents into the city, as well. See more
Apartment complexes with a gym offer a valuable amenity to Metuchen renters looking to get fit and slash their gym membership. However, not all gyms are the same.
Make a list of your must-haves in a gym setting. Ask about the variety and age of any cardio machines. Also ask about any weight training equipment and free weights.
Consider the spaciousness of the workout area. Some apartment gyms are small. Those can create tension with tenants looking to squeeze in a workout before or after work.
If you enjoy circuit training, make sure there’s enough space to spread out and get in the workout you want.
Cleanliness is also crucial to an apartment gym experience. During your apartment tour, carefully inspect the fitness area to check for cleanliness and any extra perks. Also consider the potential savings if you can cancel a gym membership!
Towels, an attendant, flat-screen TVs, and a locked door for exclusive tenants access can all add value to your apartment gym experience.