142 Apartments in Downers Grove
- Downers Grove Accessible Apartments (2)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Balconies (5)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Garages (4)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Pools (5)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Downers Grove Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Downers Grove Pet Friendly Apartments (10)
- Westmont Apartments with Parking (8)
- Clarendon Hills Apartments with Parking (1)
- Woodridge Apartments with Parking (5)
- Lisle Apartments with Parking (9)
- Oakbrook Terrace Apartments with Parking (2)
- Willowbrook Apartments with Parking (2)
- Oak Brook Apartments with Parking (1)
- Lombard Apartments with Parking (12)
- Glen Ellyn Apartments with Parking (7)
- Hinsdale Apartments with Parking (4)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with parking in Downers Grove?
How many apartments with parking are available for rent in Downers Grove?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Downers Grove?
A cute little rhyme, "Apostrophe-free since 1873", has consistently been used to explain the strange spelling of Downers Grove, but until this day, no one knows exactly why there is no apostrophe in the name since the city was founded by Pierce Downer.
Downers Grove has had several population booms over the past 120 years, and the village has actually seen nearly constant growth since the 1920s. This undoubtedly had something to do with the construction of toll roads around the village and the extension of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad through the village in 1862. Since this is the time that the Civil War was taking place, it's ironic that Downers Grove is also believed to have housed stops along the way of the Underground Railroad.
Having trouble with Craigslist Downers Grove? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Parking can be at a premium in some cities where spaces are challenging to find. Some Downers Grove apartments offer parking options, either outside in a common area or within a private garage.
Ask about the stipulations around the parking. Those may include how many guests are allowed and where tenants park.
Some apartments may only allow parking in front of your own unit. Guest parking may be in a common area for up to one person.
If parking is scarce, look around the area before you sign a lease. Ample street parking in a neighborhood championed for its safety is probably fine. However, it’s probably not worth signing a lease if it means battling for daily parking for you and your guests.
Research whether you need a city permit to park in the neighborhood. Look into the associated costs and what to do about visitors who need parking.
Some tenants prefer garage parking near their units. However, an open-air lot may prove cheaper.
Keep in mind that the cost of wear and tear from parking outside can add up. It may be less expensive, in the long run, to look for an apartment with garage parking.