1,187 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Cerritos, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Cerritos Accessible Apartments (2)
- Cerritos Apartments with Balconies (8)
- Cerritos Apartments with Garages (8)
- Cerritos Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Cerritos Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Cerritos Apartments with Parking (11)
- Cerritos Apartments with Pools (8)
- Cerritos Apartments with Washer-Dryers (3)
- Cerritos Furnished Apartments (2)
- Cerritos Pet Friendly Apartments (6)
- Artesia Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- La Palma Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Norwalk Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Lakewood Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Cypress Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Bellflower Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Buena Park Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Santa Fe Springs Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- La Mirada Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Los Alamitos Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
The apartment hunter that’s zeroed in on Cerritos will find there aren’t a lot of apartment buildings in Cerritos proper. The few that you’ll find charge prices comparable to most other cities of Cerritos’ size in California: reasonable if you’re from the state and astronomical if you’re from somewhere like Fort Smith, Arkansas. But, think of it this way: it doesn’t snow in Cerritos… ever. See more
Finding an apartment in Cerritos that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.