444 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Bonita, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Bonita Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Bonita Apartments with Garages (1)
- Bonita Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Bonita Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Bonita Apartments with Parking (3)
- Bonita Apartments with Pools (3)
- Bonita Apartments with Washer-Dryers (4)
- Bonita Furnished Apartments (1)
- Bonita Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Chula Vista Dog Friendly Apartments (60)
- La Presa Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Lemon Grove Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- National City Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Spring Valley Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- La Mesa Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- Casa de Oro-Mount Helix Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Coronado Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Imperial Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Rancho San Diego Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
Did you know Bonita is the Spanish word for "beautiful"? And while this city is indeed beautiful, it is actually named after the ranch that once stood on the same land. This ranch, owned by Henry Ernest Cooper, was used to grow lemons starting in 1871. The ranch grew bonnie brae lemons, which also were named after the Bonita ranch. Small world!
Sometimes people think of southern California as a suburban paradise, especially around San Diego: lots of homes and tree-lined streets, traditional suburban amenities, and quiet and comfortable living. There's something different about Bonita, CA, though, even though it's a small suburb of San Diego. Bonita, located just minutes from the city's center, feels more like a rural enclave or country escape rather than a boring suburban town. It's home to about 12,500 people, which means that it's certainly a place that people live in and commute from. However, it also has tons of outdoor space and activities that residents and visitors can participate in, and it's located in a beautiful and scenic spot right by the Sweetwater River and Valley. Bonita began as a lemon ranch, but since its beginnings in the mid-1800s, has grown into a vibrant community of people doing a whole range of things. If you're interested in living in a place that is close to a world-class city, but offers you the feeling of a remote escape when you're at home, consider moving to Bonita. There are tons of rental housing options, from condos for rent to 2 bedroom apartments, and there's sure to be something you're looking for in your price range. See more
Finding an apartment in Bonita that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.