556 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Tumwater, WA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Tumwater Accessible Apartments (4)
- Tumwater Apartments with Balconies (11)
- Tumwater Apartments with Garages (10)
- Tumwater Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Tumwater Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Tumwater Apartments with Parking (11)
- Tumwater Apartments with Pools (6)
- Tumwater Apartments with Washer-Dryers (8)
- Tumwater Pet Friendly Apartments (12)
- Olympia Dog Friendly Apartments (23)
- Lacey Dog Friendly Apartments (33)
- DuPont Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Yelm Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Steilacoom Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Lakewood Dog Friendly Apartments (29)
- University Place Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Fircrest Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Gig Harbor Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Parkland Dog Friendly Apartments (13)
"Take me to the waterfall, let me walk along the wall. Nice day for a picnic basket; hope my shoes have got good traction. Water makes a scary sound, it wants to pull me, push me down. I better get used to it though; the tide is high the tides is low...It's a nice day at Tumwater falls. If it's not the water then it's nothing at all." (-Mirah, "Tumwater Falls")
Tumwater was settled way back in 1846, when a group of wild-eyed pioneers got it into their heads that they could use the nearby waterfalls to generate power using a giant water wheel. Today, Tumwater is quaint Washington town that nearly 20,000 people call home. This idyllic little piece of rural America is one of the most scenic and beautiful places to live, as it's situated near the southernmost point of Puget Sound and is surrounded by lush greenery.
Tumwater got its name from the native Chinook phrase "tumtum chuck", which means "waterfall" or "water rapids." As you might have figured out by now, the waterways and waterfalls are one of the most prominent features of this little town, and their influence can be found in myriad places. Tumwater is a member of the LOTT Clean Water Alliance, as well as the host of the LOTT Water Education Center at Budd Inlet. Environmentalists, rejoice! Vigilant oversight keeps these waters free of any toxic ooze or polluted yuckiness. See more
Finding an apartment in Tumwater that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.