182 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Upper Montclair, NJ
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Garages (1)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Parking (6)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Pools (1)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Washer-Dryers (3)
- Upper Montclair Furnished Apartments (1)
- Upper Montclair Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Glen Ridge Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Woodland Park Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Clifton Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Singac Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Belleville Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Totowa Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Passaic Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Caldwell Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- East Orange Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Paterson Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
You probably know the name Buzz Aldrin. Yes, that's him, the lunar pilot on that fateful trip on Apollo 11 and the second guy to touch down on that big lump of rock called the moon. Well, Aldrin lived in Montclair and went to Montclair High School.
Now, Upper Montclair is actually a census designated place, or CDP, not a city. In fact, it's an unincorporated area within Montclair proper, with a population of 11,565, as far as the 2010 U.S. Census tells us. The area is often misconceived as being a completely separate municipality from Montclair, even by the people who live there. In reality, it's just a neighborhood within Montclair. That being said, Upper Montclair is in Essex County, New Jersey, and is within an easy stone's throw from New York City. In fact, the Big Apple is little more than 10 miles to the east, making Upper Montclair a great spot for commuters. Naturally, being a suburb within one of the most populous regions in the U.S., transportation links to the Manhattan area are excellent, while the weather is characterized by warm summers and cold winters, with nice springs and crisp autumns in between. So, if you're looking for somewhere that experiences all four seasons, you'll be looking in the right place. See more
Finding an apartment in Upper Montclair that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.