145 Condos for rent in Belmar, NJ
- Belmar Apartments with Balconies (50)
- Belmar Apartments with Garages (9)
- Belmar Apartments with Hardwood Floors (14)
- Belmar Apartments with Parking (54)
- Belmar Apartments with Pools (2)
- Belmar Apartments with Washer-Dryers (31)
- Belmar Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Belmar Furnished Apartments (20)
- Belmar Luxury Apartments (7)
- Belmar Pet Friendly Apartments (12)
- Lake Como Condos for Rent (1)
- Avon-by-the-Sea Condos for Rent (1)
- Bradley Beach Condos for Rent (5)
- Spring Lake Condos for Rent (1)
- Spring Lake Heights Condos for Rent (3)
- Ocean Grove Condos for Rent (4)
- Asbury Park Condos for Rent (14)
- Manasquan Condos for Rent (2)
- Point Pleasant Beach Condos for Rent (5)
- Point Pleasant Condos for Rent (2)
Belmar, which is a borough in Monmouth County, in New Jersey, has experienced something akin to a game of musical chairs with respect to its name. Originally incorporated as Ocean Beach Borough in 1885, in 1889, the name was changed to the City of Elcho Borough, which merely lasted for a few weeks. Again in 1889, the name was altered to the City of Belmar Borough. Then, merely 18 months or so later, it was renamed and given its current title of the Borough of Belmar. Feeling dizzy?
The small borough of Belmar, which has a little less than 6,000 inhabitants, makes for a popular holiday destination thanks to its natural recreational resources and its' close proximity to Philadelphia and The Big Apple. It features a variety of wide beaches, great for those who like to roast their bodies in the hot sunshine, or for those who prefer a spot of swimming, fishing, or surfing. Belmar Beach is extremely popular with folks who like to ride the waves, and frequently holds surfing events and competitions. See more
Finding condos for rent in Belmar is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in Belmar may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in Belmar that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.