834 Cheap Apartments for rent in Shawnee, KS
- Shawnee Accessible Apartments (5)
- Shawnee Apartments with Balconies (15)
- Shawnee Apartments with Garages (11)
- Shawnee Apartments with Gyms (7)
- Shawnee Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- Shawnee Apartments with Parking (14)
- Shawnee Apartments with Pools (12)
- Shawnee Apartments with Washer-Dryers (12)
- Shawnee Dog Friendly Apartments (21)
- Shawnee Furnished Apartments (2)
- Shawnee Pet Friendly Apartments (21)
- Kansas City Cheap Apartments (21)
- Olathe Cheap Apartments (10)
- Mission Cheap Apartments (5)
- Prairie Village Cheap Apartments (5)
- Overland Park Cheap Apartments (36)
- Gardner Cheap Apartments (2)
- North Kansas City Cheap Apartments (1)
- Kansas City Cheap Apartments (185)
- Grandview Cheap Apartments (2)
- Gladstone Cheap Apartments (4)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the typical rent for a studio apartment in Shawnee?
How expensive are one-bedroom apartments in Shawnee?
How much is rent for two-bedroom apartments in Shawnee?
Are there any properties that are currently offering move-in specials in Shawnee?
"On demographic maps of Johnson County, the hard-core right-wing parts of Olathe and Shawnee stand out for their slightly lower real estate values" (Thomas Frank, American journalist and columnist; author of "What's the Matter with Kansas?")
Shawnee, Kansas, is an area rich in history. The city is an amalgamation of Native American and Western traveler influences. It began as a centralized hub connecting transportation routes throughout the Civil War, and after the war, travelers following the Oregon, California, and Santa Fe Trails wound through the eastern areas of Shawnee. Today, Shawnee has suburbs, neighborhoods, and a unique personality that's popular with residents and visitors alike.
Having trouble with Craigslist Shawnee? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding cheap apartments in Shawnee takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Shawnee by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Shawnee in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Shawnee.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Shawnee. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Shawnee.