411 Cheap Apartments for rent in Kearny, NJ
- Kearny Accessible Apartments (1)
- Kearny Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Kearny Apartments with Garages (1)
- Kearny Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Kearny Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Kearny Apartments with Parking (5)
- Kearny Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Kearny Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Kearny Furnished Apartments (1)
- Kearny Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Jersey City Cheap Apartments (48)
- Rutherford Cheap Apartments (1)
- Bayonne Cheap Apartments (18)
- Union City Cheap Apartments (6)
- East Orange Cheap Apartments (4)
- Hoboken Cheap Apartments (23)
- Elizabeth Cheap Apartments (3)
- West New York Cheap Apartments (4)
- Elmwood Park Cheap Apartments (1)
- New York City Cheap Apartments (25)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent in Kearny?
"New Jersey shaped who and what I am. Growing up in Jersey gave you all the advantages of New York, but you were in its shadow. Anyone who's come from here will tell you that same story." Jon Bon Jovi
Head due west from New York City into New Jersey and you’ll hit Kearney, NJ, a New Jersey town in Hudson County that’s closely associated with its industrial history. Kearney was founded during the colonial period, when a local settler discovered a copper stone and began a copper mine there. In the 1870s, many Scottish and Irish immigrants came to town for factory jobs at two Scottish-run companies (Clark Thread and Nairn Linoleum), and these two groups helped shape the future character of the city. Talk about diverse beginnings! From then, Kearney began to add factories to its stock and immigrants continued to move there to work in them. Today, many of Kearney’s factories are closed or shut down, but its community remains a strong group of blue collar workers. Some episodes of The Sopranos was filmed here in the early 2000s, but even many of the buildings they used have since been torn down for new development. See more
Finding cheap apartments in Kearny takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Kearny by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Kearny in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Kearny.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Kearny. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Kearny.