840 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Waukee, IA
- Waukee Accessible Apartments (2)
- Waukee Apartments with Balconies (13)
- Waukee Apartments with Garages (15)
- Waukee Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Waukee Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Waukee Apartments with Parking (14)
- Waukee Apartments with Pools (3)
- Waukee Apartments with Washer-Dryers (12)
- Waukee Furnished Apartments (1)
- Waukee Pet Friendly Apartments (11)
- Clive Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Urbandale Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- West Des Moines Dog Friendly Apartments (28)
- Grimes Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Johnston Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Norwalk Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Polk City Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Des Moines Dog Friendly Apartments (75)
- Ankeny Dog Friendly Apartments (25)
- Pleasant Hill Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
The creator of the largest cheese sculpture ever (925 pound cheddar cheese block!), Sarah Kaufmann, lives in Waukee. She is also known to carve blocks of cheddar in the likenesses of some celebrities including Jay Leno, Katie Couric and Matt Lauer. Now, let's get to know the "Cheese Lady's" hometown!
Waukee is a small city in Iowa which was first given the name Shirley but later on was changed to Waukee, derived from Milwaukee, Wisconsin (a sister city in name, as you may say). Recently the Real Estate Blog Movoto named Waukee the best place in the state of Iowa in January 2014. The 81 cities in Iowa with a population of over 5,000 were ranked based on the following criteria: crime rate, cost of living, unemployment, high school diploma attainment rate as well as home value, rental pricing and median household value. The city was ranked number one not just because the famous MLB player, Hal Manders, is a notable local however, this is based on the city's A+ ranking in education both for being the fastest growing school district in the state and having 95 percent high school diploma attainment rate which also explains the 4.2 percent of unemployment rate.
Waukee is located within the Dallas County and is 14 miles West of Des Moines, Iowa (center to center) and 109 miles east of Omaha, Nebraska. Relatively a 15-45 minute round trip travel to and from the capital city (Des Moines), depending on the mode of transportation. It is located within the Dallas County and a part of the Des Moines metro area with a population of 13,790 based on the 2010 Census. The city has something for everyone and is conveniently near to schools, a zoo, to museums, local recreational parks, large arena or event centers, upscale shopping and dining facilities. The city offers a multitude of recreational activities like hiking and biking that you may enjoy all year round. See more
Finding an apartment in Waukee that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.