310 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Waukee, IA
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Waukee (3)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Waukee (5)
- Waukee Accessible Apartments (5)
- Waukee Apartments with Balconies (18)
- Waukee Apartments with Garages (19)
- Waukee Apartments with Gyms (6)
- Waukee Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Waukee Apartments with Parking (19)
- Waukee Apartments with Pools (6)
- Waukee Apartments with Washer-Dryers (13)
- Waukee Dog Friendly Apartments (20)
- Waukee Furnished Apartments (1)
- Waukee Pet Friendly Apartments (20)
- Clive 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Urbandale 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
- West Des Moines 1 Bedroom Apartments (19)
- Grimes 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Johnston 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Norwalk 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Des Moines 1 Bedroom Apartments (39)
- Ankeny 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Pleasant Hill 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Carlisle 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in Waukee?
The creator of the largest cheese sculpture ever (925 pound cheddar cheese block!), Sarah Kaufmann, lives in Waukee. She is also known to carve blocks of cheddar in the likenesses of some celebrities including Jay Leno, Katie Couric and Matt Lauer. Now, let's get to know the "Cheese Lady's" hometown!
Waukee is a small city in Iowa which was first given the name Shirley but later on was changed to Waukee, derived from Milwaukee, Wisconsin (a sister city in name, as you may say). Recently the Real Estate Blog Movoto named Waukee the best place in the state of Iowa in January 2014. The 81 cities in Iowa with a population of over 5,000 were ranked based on the following criteria: crime rate, cost of living, unemployment, high school diploma attainment rate as well as home value, rental pricing and median household value. The city was ranked number one not just because the famous MLB player, Hal Manders, is a notable local however, this is based on the city's A+ ranking in education both for being the fastest growing school district in the state and having 95 percent high school diploma attainment rate which also explains the 4.2 percent of unemployment rate.
Waukee is located within the Dallas County and is 14 miles West of Des Moines, Iowa (center to center) and 109 miles east of Omaha, Nebraska. Relatively a 15-45 minute round trip travel to and from the capital city (Des Moines), depending on the mode of transportation. It is located within the Dallas County and a part of the Des Moines metro area with a population of 13,790 based on the 2010 Census. The city has something for everyone and is conveniently near to schools, a zoo, to museums, local recreational parks, large arena or event centers, upscale shopping and dining facilities. The city offers a multitude of recreational activities like hiking and biking that you may enjoy all year round. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Waukee offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Waukee, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.