221 Cheap Apartments for rent in El Cerrito, CA
- El Cerrito Apartments with Balconies (12)
- El Cerrito Apartments with Garages (5)
- El Cerrito Apartments with Gyms (1)
- El Cerrito Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- El Cerrito Apartments with Parking (12)
- El Cerrito Apartments with Pools (2)
- El Cerrito Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- El Cerrito Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- El Cerrito Furnished Apartments (2)
- El Cerrito Pet Friendly Apartments (9)
- Berkeley Cheap Apartments (11)
- Emeryville Cheap Apartments (21)
- Alameda Cheap Apartments (17)
- Oakland Cheap Apartments (78)
- San Francisco Cheap Apartments (195)
- Vallejo Cheap Apartments (5)
- Martinez Cheap Apartments (2)
- Corte Madera Cheap Apartments (2)
- San Rafael Cheap Apartments (9)
- Pleasant Hill Cheap Apartments (11)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent in El Cerrito?
Are there any properties that are currently offering move-in specials in El Cerrito?
Founded by San Francisco residents that survived the 1906 earthquake, El Cerrito means "little knob" or hill.
Situated along the East Bay, El Cerrito is considered part of the much larger San Francisco Bay Area. The city in Contra Costa County was founded by San Francisco residents displaced after the devastating 1906 earthquake that all but leveled the city. They settled first on ranch land, and then built a town around it. When a post office was established on the ranch in 1909, the settlement was named Rust after its first postmaster. The residents weren't happy with that name and by 1916 the area was known as El Cerrito.
Having trouble with Craigslist El Cerrito? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding cheap apartments in El Cerrito takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in El Cerrito by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in El Cerrito in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of El Cerrito.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in El Cerrito. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in El Cerrito.