1,223 Short-term Apartments for rent in Downey, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Downey Accessible Apartments (1)
- Downey Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Downey Apartments with Garages (11)
- Downey Apartments with Gyms (8)
- Downey Apartments with Hardwood Floors (11)
- Downey Apartments with Parking (20)
- Downey Apartments with Pools (9)
- Downey Apartments with Washer-Dryers (3)
- Downey Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Downey Furnished Apartments (1)
- Downey Pet Friendly Apartments (8)
- Norwalk Short-term Apartments (1)
- Pico Rivera Short-term Apartments (1)
- Artesia Short-term Apartments (1)
- Cerritos Short-term Apartments (1)
- Long Beach Short-term Apartments (5)
- Alhambra Short-term Apartments (1)
- Cypress Short-term Apartments (1)
- Carson Short-term Apartments (1)
- El Monte Short-term Apartments (1)
- La Habra Short-term Apartments (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for a short-term apartment in Downey?
How many short-term apartments are available for rent in Downey?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Downey?
"You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down." (George Bailey, It's a Wonderful Life)
Downey may be a small town but it is well-known for a few outstanding accomplishments. The city is boasted as the place where the Apollo Space Program. Think about it. This is where America's journey to the moon started. Downey is the first city to host two of the most famous fast food restaurants to boot; it is home to the oldest McDonalds and the first Taco Bell restaurant.
Within 12 miles from the famous Los Angeles Civic Center, 5 miles from Orange County, and 10 miles from the breathtaking view of the Pacific coastline, Downey is situated close to some of the best areas in Southern California. You can reach each of these places by jumping on one of the convenient freeways located throughout the city. Downey offers the best of both worlds. It is in close proximity to major cities and attractions but it has a small town atmosphere and pleasant mixture of wonderful neighborhoods. See more
Finding a short-term apartment in Downey takes some leg work to find the right location, price point, and lease terms. You may need to rent a short-term apartment due to a new job, a relationship change, or to explore a new city before committing to staying. Whatever the reason, short-term apartments can provide the flexibility that traditional leases don’t.
Before signing a rental agreement or short-term apartment lease, study all of the details thoroughly. Renters usually have more restrictions and rules to follow when renting a short-term apartment. For starters, you usually can’t make modifications like painting or hanging pictures.
Short-term apartments are ideal for flexibility, but also don’t protect the renter long-term. You could face the possibility of rent increases on a monthly basis. The landlord could also decline to renew your lease and leave you looking for another short-term rental.
If your main priority is flexibility, a short-term apartment is an ideal situation. However, ensure that you fully understand the rental agreement terms before signing.