531 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Avenel, NJ
- Avenel Accessible Apartments (2)
- Avenel Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Avenel Apartments with Garages (2)
- Avenel Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Avenel Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Avenel Apartments with Parking (3)
- Avenel Apartments with Pools (2)
- Avenel Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Avenel Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Rahway Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Woodbridge Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Iselin Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Linden Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Fords Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Perth Amboy Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Roselle Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Garwood Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Kenilworth Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- South Amboy Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
Avenel, New Jersey, is a town within a town. Technically, not a city in its own right, Avenel sits inside the Woodbridge Township, and holds the odd, but not too uncommon, title of "unincorporated community."
Moving to Avenel, New Jersey, means you are moving to the Woodbridge Township in Middlesex County. Avenel is a census designated place that sits within Woodbridge. That is just a fancy way of saying it is a town of sorts recognized by the U.S. Census Bureau, but it hasn't grown up enough to gain the official title of "township" itself. Whether you consider yourself part of Woodbridge or Avenel, you are still opting to live in an area that is near enough to New York City to be fabulous, just minus the big city chaos. See more
Finding an apartment in Avenel that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.