1,234 Accessible Apartments for rent in Wendell, NC
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Wendell Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Wendell Apartments with Garages (3)
- Wendell Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Wendell Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Wendell Apartments with Parking (5)
- Wendell Apartments with Pools (2)
- Wendell Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- Wendell Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Wendell Pet Friendly Apartments (7)
- Knightdale Accessible Apartments (2)
- Clayton Accessible Apartments (2)
- Wake Forest Accessible Apartments (7)
- Garner Accessible Apartments (7)
- Raleigh Accessible Apartments (96)
- Cary Accessible Apartments (25)
- Fuquay-Varina Accessible Apartments (2)
- Morrisville Accessible Apartments (13)
- Holly Springs Accessible Apartments (2)
- Apex Accessible Apartments (3)
Wendell, North Carolina, received its name based on a school teacher's preference in poets, which happened to be Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Wendell claims the motto, "Small town feel--capital city connection," referring to its proximity to North Carolina's capital, Raleigh. The town is in Wake County with a population of 5,845 according to the 2010 census. This town values its meandering lifestyle juxtaposed against the capital city rush and bustle. In the 1850s, farmers from Granville County settled Wendell in response to severe tobacco plant blight. Wendell was incorporated in 1903. Portions of the town is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, including Dr. Thomas H. Avera House, Harmony Plantation, Riley Hill School, Sunnyside historic home, and Wendell commercial Historic District. Birthplace of Greg Ellis, an Oakland Raiders football player, and home to the creator of the bar code, George J. Laurer, Wendell lives up to its famous namesake, priding itself in its small-town community and historic relevance. See more
There are plenty of options for wheelchair accessible apartments in Wendell with the right research and approach. Get started by choosing the accessible option in your profile on Apartment List for quick results.
Stay focused on the location and amenities you need that will empower your life and make day-to-day living easier. The neighborhood you move to should offer ample wheelchair accessible parking, public transportation, dining, and entertainment options to fit your lifestyle.
Take your time and ask plenty of questions when touring wheelchair accessible apartments in Wendell. Look for features like wide doorways, elevators, entrance ramps, and accessible sinks with lower countertops. Front-loading washer and dryers are also important, as well as hardwood floors that makes using a wheelchair easier. Ask if there are any plans for future renovations that may increase, or decrease, the accessibility of the apartment. Ask about handicap parking spaces and explain your rights to make reasonable modifications to your space.