152 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Harper Woods, MI
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Harper Woods Accessible Apartments (1)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Garages (6)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Parking (8)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Pools (1)
- Harper Woods Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- Harper Woods Furnished Apartments (1)
- Harper Woods Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Grosse Pointe Woods Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Eastpointe Dog Friendly Apartments (29)
- Grosse Pointe Farms Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Grosse Pointe Park Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- St. Clair Shores Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Roseville Dog Friendly Apartments (11)
- Fraser Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Center Line Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Warren Dog Friendly Apartments (58)
- Hamtramck Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
Sometimes, town names are mysterious, with histories that are difficult to trace -- not so with Harper Woods, Michigan. When the city was incorporated in 1951, it was a wooded area near Harper Avenue -- magnificent simplicity!
The first settlement in Harper Woods, Mich., was established when a man named Casper Salter put down a claim along a rugged wagon trail called Pumpkin Hook Road, nearly 100 years before the town was incorporated. Salter and Pumpkin Hook must have already been taken, right? Although, Salter did get a park in town named after him as a consolation prize. Lying in the east suburbs of Detroit, Harper Woods is just north of Grosse Pointe, made famous in the John Cusack film "Grosse Pointe Blank." It's on the plain less than a mile away from the shoreline of Lake St. Clair and the Canadian border beyond. The nice mix of owner occupied properties and apartments for rent make Harper Woods a good place to search for a new home or even short term housing on a month-to-month basis. See more
Finding an apartment in Harper Woods that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.