177 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Highland, IN
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Highland (1)
- Highland Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Highland Apartments with Garages (1)
- Highland Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Highland Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Highland Apartments with Parking (1)
- Highland Apartments with Pools (1)
- Highland Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- Highland Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Highland Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Highland (1)
- Griffith 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Schererville 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Hammond 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Lansing 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Gary 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Merrillville 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Dolton 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Steger 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Riverdale 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Homewood 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
There is a presidential park in Highland. In 1927, President Calvin Coolidge came to Highland and delivered a dedication speech for Wicker Park, a park on the west side of town. In 2008, soon-to-be President Barack Obama came to Highland for a pre-election rally. He gathered people in Wicker Park, and it was the biggest crowd there since Coolidge's appearance in 1927, drawing more than 40,000 people.
Highland, located in Lake County, Indiana, is a town of about 23,700 people. Situated on the very, very northwestern tip of Indiana, Highland is actually considered a suburb of Chicago -- tricky, with those two different states! Highland is located close to the shores of Lake Michigan and the big manufacturing city of Gary. But don't underestimate Highland. While it is the little cousin of two bigger cities, Highland is a great city in itself. Not only does it have tons of community pride, it also has lots of culture, attractions, dining, entertainment and great housing options, making it a smart place to choose to settle down. It is even possible to commute to Chicago from Highland, so if you are looking to work in the big city and not spend your whole paycheck on rent, Highland might be a place you should consider. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Highland offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Highland, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.