255 Apartments for rent in West Dundee, IL with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- West Dundee Accessible Apartments (3)
- West Dundee Apartments with Balconies (3)
- West Dundee Apartments with Garages (5)
- West Dundee Apartments with Gyms (3)
- West Dundee Apartments with Parking (5)
- West Dundee Apartments with Pools (3)
- West Dundee Apartments with Washer-Dryers (3)
- West Dundee Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- West Dundee Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Carpentersville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- East Dundee Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Elgin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (9)
- Algonquin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- South Elgin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Crystal Lake Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Streamwood Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Bartlett Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Hoffman Estates Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- St. Charles Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in West Dundee?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in West Dundee?
Despite what the name may imply, West Dundee isn't named after Crocodile Dundee (and thankfully, there aren't any crocs here either -- that we know of). Instead, West Dundee serves as a lovely neighborhood for residents living the midwestern life.
Yes, this place really is called "Dundee"--and that's the first thing that attracts people to the area. The city--or "village"--of West Dundee is a really small area with few new developments. Most of the town has a nostalgic feel and a lot of the buildings have retained their original 1800s-style architecture. West Dundee is situated in Dundee Township, which it shares reluctantly with East Dundee, and both villages are separated by Fox River. This village was founded back in 1834 by a gentleman called Jesse H, Newman. Around this time the area was known for brick manufacturing, but soon became the Dairy production center of the area in the 1870s. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for West Dundee renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.