1,426 Apartments for rent in Lockport, IL with Pools
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Lockport Accessible Apartments (1)
- Lockport Apartments with Balconies (5)
- Lockport Apartments with Garages (5)
- Lockport Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Lockport Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Lockport Apartments with Parking (5)
- Lockport Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- Lockport Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Lockport Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Romeoville Apartments with Pools (5)
- Crest Hill Apartments with Pools (1)
- Bolingbrook Apartments with Pools (3)
- Joliet Apartments with Pools (1)
- Woodridge Apartments with Pools (3)
- Orland Park Apartments with Pools (2)
- Willowbrook Apartments with Pools (22)
- Plainfield Apartments with Pools (1)
- Downers Grove Apartments with Pools (3)
- Naperville Apartments with Pools (21)
If you think the city name -- Lockport, Illinois - has anything to do with a lock or a port, you would be, well, right. The Illinois and Michigan Canal was constructed to link Lake Michigan with the Illinois and Mississippi River, a critical point in the development of the state and the Chicago area.
The canal and the Illinois River are part of the fabric of Lockport that goes much deeper than just the name. Lockport helped push Chicago to fame and glory in its early years, but the 24,839 residents that live here now see it as more than just a historical canal near the Windy City. Just by walking around town these days, it's easy to see that it's in motion, and not stuck in what it was before. You can even hear Kanye West being played. While museums and landmarks showcase the town's story, establishments like the William Alexander Wine Studio and green spaces like Clover Ridge Park show that Lockport values a social atmosphere and nature. On top of that, proximity to Joliet and Chicago means that getting out and exploring the greater region is quite easy. That combination of qualities makes Lockport a fine place to live, especially if you love canals. See more
Finding apartments with a pool in Lockport means cooling off from the summer heat, get-togethers, and more exercise. However, there are a few things to consider before signing your next lease.
Ask the property management how long the pool is open each year. Is it seasonal? Does the pool have a heat pump to make it practical to swim beyond summertime? You should also inquire about pool rules, capacity, and if unattended children are permitted. The size of the pool also matters. An oversized apartment complex with a tiny pool could mean crowded summers and frustrations when trying to take a quick dip.
Finding apartments with a pool in Lockport could also drive up your rent, but may be worth the trade-off. Assess the overall amenities of the property. Apartments with a pool may look fantastic on the outside, but inside the kitchen could need an upgrade or the bedrooms could prove smaller than you want.
Once you find the apartment of your dreams, enjoy an afternoon swim and get to know your new neighbors.