832 Apartments for rent in Grimes, IA with Garages
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Grimes Accessible Apartments (3)
- Grimes Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Grimes Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Grimes Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Grimes Apartments with Parking (9)
- Grimes Apartments with Pools (1)
- Grimes Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Grimes Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Grimes Furnished Apartments (1)
- Grimes Pet Friendly Apartments (12)
- Urbandale Apartments with Garages (13)
- Clive Apartments with Garages (3)
- Johnston Apartments with Garages (10)
- Waukee Apartments with Garages (17)
- Windsor Heights Apartments with Garages (2)
- West Des Moines Apartments with Garages (42)
- Ankeny Apartments with Garages (16)
- Des Moines Apartments with Garages (52)
- Norwalk Apartments with Garages (4)
- Adel Apartments with Garages (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a garage in Grimes?
How many apartments with garages are available for rent in Grimes?
Grimes, IA is actually named after a person. The city was started in 1894, and it was named after James W. Grimes, a former senator and the third ever governor of Iowa.
Grimes, IA is a suburban enclave of Des Moines, IA. Located to the northwest of town, Grimes and Des Moines are easily linked by Interstate-35. Most people who live in Grimes are commuters. They travel the 17 miles into the heart of downtown Des Moines regularly for work and play. Commuting is popular; in fact, there are multiple buses that will get you between the two places. However, just because people commute regularly doesn't mean there's a shortage of amenities or things to do in Grimes. In fact, Grimes is a lovely little rural town with a bounty of shops, restaurants, parks and more. If you live in Grimes, you can get into Des Moines whenever you want. You may not always want to, though, because you'll have a whole host of suburban amenities right at your fingertips. See more
Grimes apartments with garages are sometimes more expensive than other options. However, they may make more financial sense in the long run.
Weather, break-ins, and daily struggles to find a space can take a toll financially and physically. Remember that even cities in mild climates experience issues like salt air, tornadoes, hail, falling branches from storms, and other issues.
It’s also possible to score an auto insurance reduction if you park in a garage. Ask your insurance provider about any deals or discounts that could trim money off the cost of your monthly bill.
Before signing a lease, ask the landlord or property manager about any restrictions on garage use. It’s important to know if there are enough spaces for tenants and visitors and what happens if the garage is full. If you’re moving into an apartment inside a home, ask about any conditions on its use and if storage is allowed.