122 Condos for rent in Southgate, FL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Southgate Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Southgate Apartments with Garages (14)
- Southgate Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Southgate Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Southgate Apartments with Parking (21)
- Southgate Apartments with Pools (9)
- Southgate Apartments with Washer-Dryers (18)
- Southgate Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Southgate Furnished Apartments (6)
- Southgate Luxury Apartments (1)
- Southgate Pet Friendly Apartments (9)
- Ridge Wood Heights Condos for Rent (1)
- South Gate Ridge Condos for Rent (1)
- Sarasota Springs Condos for Rent (5)
- South Sarasota Condos for Rent (1)
- Bee Ridge Condos for Rent (1)
- Sarasota Condos for Rent (47)
- Gulf Gate Estates Condos for Rent (11)
- Siesta Key Condos for Rent (9)
- Kensington Park Condos for Rent (1)
- Fruitville Condos for Rent (1)
Previously a citrus grove, Southgate, Florida, was transformed into a beautiful Sarasota suburb by developers Rolland King and Frank Smith in the 1950s. They bought the land from Bertha Honore Potter, a famous Chicago socialite of the time.
Southgate is a deed-restricted community and one of the older suburbs of Sarasota. It is a great neighborhood to live in because of its convenient location. It provides tranquil suburban living, away from the rush and traffic congestion associated with city life, but it is only 10 minutes from downtown Sarasota and close to pristine beaches. Just don't start dreaming of finding a cozy studio apartment for rent in some high-rise apartment block, because you won't find something like that in Southgate. If you are single and interested in living in Southgate, partner up with someone you can split the rent with, or win the lottery so you can afford a bigger place. Hopefully you like retro architecture -- most homes in Southgate are one-story buildings in the Florida ranch style. There are also some modern buildings, which you may find using our apartment locator. See more
Finding condos for rent in Southgate is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in Southgate may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in Southgate that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.