227 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Abilene, TX
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Abilene Accessible Apartments (7)
- Abilene Apartments with Balconies (50)
- Abilene Apartments with Garages (85)
- Abilene Apartments with Gyms (8)
- Abilene Apartments with Hardwood Floors (19)
- Abilene Apartments with Parking (158)
- Abilene Apartments with Pools (6)
- Abilene Apartments with Washer-Dryers (32)
- Abilene Furnished Apartments (5)
- Abilene Luxury Apartments (154)
- Abilene Pet Friendly Apartments (103)
- San Angelo Dog Friendly Apartments (43)
- Stephenville Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Mineral Wells Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Wichita Falls Dog Friendly Apartments (36)
- Oak Trail Shores Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Granbury Dog Friendly Apartments (13)
- Weatherford Dog Friendly Apartments (48)
- Canyon Creek Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Burkburnett Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
Finding an apartment in Abilene that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.