447 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Cumberland Hill, RI
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Cumberland Hill Accessible Apartments (1)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Parking (2)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Pools (1)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- Cumberland Hill Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Woonsocket Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Central Falls Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Bellingham Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Franklin Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Plainville Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Pawtucket Dog Friendly Apartments (14)
- Providence Dog Friendly Apartments (68)
- Attleboro Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Milford Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- East Providence Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
Cumberland Hill, Rhode Island, has many stories to tell. One of the most amusing is about the day that two men from Boston came to fight a duel. The whole affair resulted in one injured knee before the combatants returned to the city. The offending bullet was found and carried to Cumberland Hill and preserved as a relic of the past and the days of chivalry.
Tall tales aside, Cumberland, R.I., has earned its place in history as the home to the chain of convenience stores known as Cumberland Farms. The chain, found throughout New England, was started by local dairy farmers around 1939. Cumberland also has a Hollywood connection with actor Richard Jenkins ("Six Feet Under") living in Cumberland. The director brother duo, the Farrelly Brothers ("There's Something About Mary") also grew up in Cumberland.
Cumberland Hill is situated in the northwestern part of the town of Cumberland. Cumberland has a long history centered on farming and the Blackstone River. It sits just across the river from the city of Woonsocket, an important mill center during the New England textile days. During the American Revolution, the city was a major producer of cannon balls for the army. Today Cumberland thrives on local industry as well as the business centers in and around Providence, which is only 20 minutes down the road. See more
Finding an apartment in Cumberland Hill that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.