854 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Rio Rancho, NM
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Rio Rancho Accessible Apartments (3)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Balconies (27)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Garages (28)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Parking (32)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Pools (12)
- Rio Rancho Apartments with Washer-Dryers (14)
- Rio Rancho Furnished Apartments (1)
- Rio Rancho Luxury Apartments (48)
- Rio Rancho Pet Friendly Apartments (35)
Rio Rancho dubs itself the 'City of Vision.' Just a warning, if you don’t enjoy the sight of cows outside of your window, you might want to reconsider as Rio Rancho’s a slight departure from the more metropolitan areas of neighboring Albuquerque. So grab your cattle-ranching gear and let’s get going.See more
Finding an apartment in Rio Rancho that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.