- Waukee Accessible Apartments (2)
- Waukee Apartments with Garages (20)
- Waukee Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Waukee Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Waukee Apartments with Parking (20)
- Waukee Apartments with Pools (4)
- Waukee Apartments with Washer-Dryers (19)
- Waukee Dog Friendly Apartments (19)
- Waukee Furnished Apartments (1)
- Waukee Pet Friendly Apartments (22)
- Clive Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Urbandale Apartments with Balconies (11)
- West Des Moines Apartments with Balconies (29)
- Grimes Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Windsor Heights Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Johnston Apartments with Balconies (3)
- Norwalk Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Polk City Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Des Moines Apartments with Balconies (39)
- Ankeny Apartments with Balconies (14)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a balcony in Waukee?
How many apartments with balconies are available for rent in Waukee?
The creator of the largest cheese sculpture ever (925 pound cheddar cheese block!), Sarah Kaufmann, lives in Waukee. She is also known to carve blocks of cheddar in the likenesses of some celebrities including Jay Leno, Katie Couric and Matt Lauer. Now, let's get to know the "Cheese Lady's" hometown!
Waukee is a small city in Iowa which was first given the name Shirley but later on was changed to Waukee, derived from Milwaukee, Wisconsin (a sister city in name, as you may say). Recently the Real Estate Blog Movoto named Waukee the best place in the state of Iowa in January 2014. The 81 cities in Iowa with a population of over 5,000 were ranked based on the following criteria: crime rate, cost of living, unemployment, high school diploma attainment rate as well as home value, rental pricing and median household value. The city was ranked number one not just because the famous MLB player, Hal Manders, is a notable local however, this is based on the city's A+ ranking in education both for being the fastest growing school district in the state and having 95 percent high school diploma attainment rate which also explains the 4.2 percent of unemployment rate.
Waukee is located within the Dallas County and is 14 miles West of Des Moines, Iowa (center to center) and 109 miles east of Omaha, Nebraska. Relatively a 15-45 minute round trip travel to and from the capital city (Des Moines), depending on the mode of transportation. It is located within the Dallas County and a part of the Des Moines metro area with a population of 13,790 based on the 2010 Census. The city has something for everyone and is conveniently near to schools, a zoo, to museums, local recreational parks, large arena or event centers, upscale shopping and dining facilities. The city offers a multitude of recreational activities like hiking and biking that you may enjoy all year round. See more
Balconies are a coveted amenity for many renters looking for high-rise views and opportunities for fresh air. However, you should keep in mind that balconies often come with restrictions.
Before signing a lease, ask about how many people can be on the balcony at once. Also, ask about whether you’re allowed to store a bike or other items.
You’ll also want to know about any maintenance schedules. Using your balcony as storage could result in fines and intervention from your property management.
Keep in mind that not all balconies are created equally. You may discover the views of the parking area are less than optimal or reduce your overall privacy.
Balconies can also get messy with debris, foliage, dirt, and pollen depending on your location. Renters are typically responsible for any clean-up and basic balcony upkeep.
Regardless of the issues to keep in mind, balconies are usually a big win for Waukee renters. Ask about apartments on higher floors for the best views.