613 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Norwalk, IA
- West Des Moines Dog Friendly Apartments (30)
- Des Moines Dog Friendly Apartments (68)
- Clive Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Urbandale Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Johnston Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Waukee Dog Friendly Apartments (17)
- Grimes Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Ankeny Dog Friendly Apartments (17)
- Altoona Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Ames Dog Friendly Apartments (31)
Voted Business week's "Best Affordable Suburb" in Iowa in 2010 and is considered to be one of the preeminent communities in the Des Moines Metro.
Norwalk started out as a log cabin built by Samuel Snyder in 1852. When it was incorporated in 1900, the town was exactly one square mile in size. Today the city has grown so that she shares borders with her neighboring cities of Cumming, Des Moines and West Des Moines and at the 2010 census reported a population of 8,945. See more
Finding an apartment in Norwalk that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.