101 Condos for rent in Lomita, CA
- Lomita Accessible Apartments (2)
- Lomita Apartments with Balconies (4)
- Lomita Apartments with Garages (4)
- Lomita Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Lomita Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Lomita Apartments with Parking (8)
- Lomita Apartments with Pools (4)
- Lomita Apartments with Washer-Dryers (6)
- Lomita Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Lomita Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- West Carson Condos for Rent (1)
- Torrance Condos for Rent (3)
- Rancho Palos Verdes Condos for Rent (3)
- Carson Condos for Rent (1)
- Palos Verdes Estates Condos for Rent (1)
- Redondo Beach Condos for Rent (12)
- Lawndale Condos for Rent (1)
- Hermosa Beach Condos for Rent (6)
- Manhattan Beach Condos for Rent (3)
- Hawthorne Condos for Rent (4)
The word lomita means "little knoll" in Spanish. The little hilltop of the California community of Lomita used to be wider, but parts of it were appropriated by neighboring Torrance and Rolling Hills, since it was originally developed in 1907.
Lomita began as a Spanish ranchero, used for cattle grazing. From there, an oil boom and bust caused land values to skyrocket and sections of the community to be ceded to oil giants at the turn of the 20th century. In the 1930s, the area was known for its truck farms, and was pegged as the Celery Capitol of the World. A small town vibe has persisted through the years, with the town incorporating in 1964, in part to prevent the construction of high rise apartments that would change the feel of the city. See more
Finding condos for rent in Lomita is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in Lomita may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in Lomita that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.