135 Dog Friendly Apartments for Rent in Hillsborough, CA
- Burlingame Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- San Mateo Dog Friendly Apartments (35)
- Millbrae Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Belmont Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- South San Francisco Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- San Bruno Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- San Carlos Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Foster City Dog Friendly Apartments (14)
- Pacifica Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Redwood City Dog Friendly Apartments (20)
Hillsborough is one of the most exceptionally place to live in. With a vast history and an exotic farm of shiitake mushrooms and truffles, the community welcomes anyone eager to live in a small town while working in the big city.
Hillsborough prides itself with a population of 10,825 inhabitants condensed on 6.2 square miles of land. Even the weather is generous with locals. The average temperatures are remarkably constant ranging from 50 degrees to 62 degrees, with the lowest being in January (32 degrees) and the highest in July (97 degrees). See more
Finding an apartment in Hillsborough that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.