1,969 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Hitchcock, TX
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Hitchcock Accessible Apartments (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Garages (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Parking (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Pools (1)
- Hitchcock Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Hitchcock Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Galveston Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Texas City Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Dickinson Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- League City Dog Friendly Apartments (20)
- Kemah Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Webster Dog Friendly Apartments (18)
- Nassau Bay Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Alvin Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Friendswood Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Seabrook Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
From a railroad station to vegetable shipping center, anti-aircraft training base and, more recently a place of living for employees at the Johnson Space Center, Hitchcock, TX, certainly has a history as rich and diverse as its community.
No, the name of Hitchcock, TX doesn't have anything to do with a certain famous English movie maker, but it sure was the setting for a couple of interesting ventures throughout the years. The city saw its first residents in 1873 when it was established as a railway station between Galveston and Houston. Around the turn of the 20th century it was a vegetable shipping center, but all kinds of critters invaded the produce and killed the economy until World War II when Camp Wallace and the Hitchcock Naval Air Station were established in the area. With the development of the Johnson Space Center only twenty minutes away, Hitchcock became a suburb of Galveston and experienced new growth. Seeing people on horses in Hitchcock is not uncommon - living here, you will experience plenty of cowboy-sightings, as the town has been hosting the Galveston County Fair and Rodeo since 1984. There are also plenty of other opportunities to meet locals, such as the Good Ole Days Parade in August and the Christmas Parade in December every year. See more
Finding an apartment in Hitchcock that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.