99 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Lancaster, PA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Lancaster Accessible Apartments (6)
- Lancaster Apartments with Balconies (22)
- Lancaster Apartments with Garages (3)
- Lancaster Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Lancaster Apartments with Hardwood Floors (16)
- Lancaster Apartments with Parking (18)
- Lancaster Apartments with Pools (6)
- Lancaster Apartments with Washer-Dryers (11)
- Lancaster Pet Friendly Apartments (29)
- Manheim Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Columbia Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Mount Joy Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Wrightsville Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Denver Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Maytown Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Elizabethtown Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Lebanon Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Red Lion Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Dallastown Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
"Missing you, my brother. […] I remember when we sat on the shore. We talked about my great white north. […] I miss you and your Lancaster ways. I sit to contemplate the waves of the ocean. They bring me back to you. You weren't like the others, with their empty eyes and plastic smiles." (The Beautiful Mistake).
A city which plays home to people with varying budgets, Lancaster, PA, is a residential paradise. A short drive away from the capital, as well as New York and Philadelphia, Lancaster spreads across seven square miles and has around 56,000 dwellers who lovingly call it home. This city lies in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, and is a peaceful and serene area, surrounded by farms and country-style living. Besides the quaint atmosphere -- which makes one feel transported to Europe in the early 1970s -- the views afforded by the Susquehanna River make Lancaster a popular residential choice with young couples and families with small children, looking for the perfect place to raise their kids away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Let’s explore your options if you’re looking to make one of the oldest and most historic cities in the USA your home. See more
Finding an apartment in Lancaster that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.