305 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Schenectady, NY
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Schenectady (5)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Schenectady (14)
- Schenectady Accessible Apartments (5)
- Schenectady Apartments with Balconies (12)
- Schenectady Apartments with Garages (14)
- Schenectady Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Schenectady Apartments with Hardwood Floors (12)
- Schenectady Apartments with Parking (30)
- Schenectady Apartments with Pools (1)
- Schenectady Apartments with Washer-Dryers (10)
- Schenectady Dog Friendly Apartments (19)
- Schenectady Furnished Apartments (2)
- Schenectady Pet Friendly Apartments (24)
- Niskayuna 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Westmere 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Altamont 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Voorheesville 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Albany 1 Bedroom Apartments (22)
- Round Lake 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Ballston Spa 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Cohoes 1 Bedroom Apartments (8)
- Green Island 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Rensselaer 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in Schenectady?
How expensive are two-bedroom apartments in Schenectady?
How much would I have to pay for a studio apartment in Schenectady?
Albany may get the glory of being the capital, and Manhattan may get all the fame but there is one New York city that has history, fame, and a few reasons to toot its own horn.
Schenectady holds its own baton in the race of amazing New York cities. It has been the residence of Kurt Vonnegut (and the basis for many of his books), Union College (totally liberal arts, totally laid back), the birthplace of GE (which gave it the nickname “Electric City”) and it is home to NY’s first historic district (Stockade). Need a bit more convincing? Ever wonder where all the money in NY lies? We know it’s not Wall Street, so where can it be? Schenectady, of course, is the place to claim your NY lottery winnings. Remember the sassy maid from the Brady Bunch? Yeah, she is one of Schenectady’s own. It is also a town where vaudeville was once king (the historic Proctor Theatre still remains) and it’s where Babs filmed The Way We Were. Schenectady may fly under the radar but it’s a star in every sense of the word. Let’s find you a spot to live in the “place beyond the pines.” See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Schenectady offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Schenectady, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.