588 Cheap Apartments for rent in Northbrook, IL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Northbrook Accessible Apartments (2)
- Northbrook Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Northbrook Apartments with Garages (10)
- Northbrook Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Northbrook Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Northbrook Apartments with Parking (13)
- Northbrook Apartments with Pools (4)
- Northbrook Apartments with Washer-Dryers (9)
- Northbrook Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Northbrook Furnished Apartments (1)
- Northbrook Pet Friendly Apartments (7)
- Glenview Cheap Apartments (2)
- Wheeling Cheap Apartments (5)
- Des Plaines Cheap Apartments (5)
- Wilmette Cheap Apartments (1)
- Mount Prospect Cheap Apartments (3)
- Skokie Cheap Apartments (1)
- Arlington Heights Cheap Apartments (5)
- Evanston Cheap Apartments (20)
- Rolling Meadows Cheap Apartments (2)
- Elk Grove Village Cheap Apartments (6)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent in Northbrook?
“See, all these movies take place in a town called Shermer, in Illinois...But when we got here, you know what we found out? There is no Shermer in Illinois.” (-Jay, “Dogma”)
It’s true, there is no Shermer in Illinois, but the place that fictional city was based on, and John Hughes’ hometown, was Northbrook, which used to go by the moniker “Shermerville” before 1923. Not only can you find Ferris Bueller’s high school and the “Save Ferris” water tower within this town’s environs, you can also jump on the Metra and head into Chicago proper easily. What’s not inexpensive is the housing, but if you’re willing to branch out to some of the not-too-distant neighborhoods, you can find apartment rentals that are shockingly thrifty. Fortunately, this beautiful nearly-lakefront village is worth the cost, especially if you’re a ‘80s film buff. See more
Finding cheap apartments in Northbrook takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Northbrook by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Northbrook in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Northbrook.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Northbrook. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Northbrook.