240 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Laurel, FL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Nokomis Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Osprey Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Venice Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Vamo Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Venice Gardens Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- South Venice Dog Friendly Apartments (15)
- Gulf Gate Estates Dog Friendly Apartments (11)
- Bee Ridge Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- South Gate Ridge Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Ridge Wood Heights Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
If you're driving through this area of Florida, you won't see a sign for Laurel anywhere along U.S. 41. The interstate signs, as well as the post office, consider it to be Nokomis, Florida.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 8,171 people living in Laurel. It is located in Sarasota County, just 14 miles from the city of Sarasota. Its neighbors include Venice, Interior County, Vamo and Gulf Gate. See more
Finding an apartment in Laurel that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.